You will work for 20 or more hours a week in a NGO, that is officially secular, but setup and managed by expat believers. Normally this includes living with a local family, learning language and being full part of a ministry team.
There are also opportunities for professionals who already have a lot of career experiences and can come and serve in that might be more expat focused, and so require less commitment to language learning. A perfect opportunity for “finishers” or people looking for a second or third career.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• You are called by God to go out and reach the Central Asian people groups with the Gospel and sent by your home church. Opportunities for ministry will happen (partly) outside your workplace. Because of that, you work part-time, so you have time to make connections with local people.
• You are committed to People Internationals vision to enable and establish His church.
• You have some experience in church planting / discipleship work in your own country.
• You have a desire to learn and openness to be taught, spirit of humility and repentance, and a willingness to work together with different kinds of people.
• You have some kind of vocational training that will make obtaining a visa possible.
• You have other skills or willingness to learn new skills to use here to get a visa and do work that helps local people.
• While we believe in teamwork, there is room for pioneering people to start new teams and projects in unreached cities and towns.
• The first 2 years you have to learn the language and culture. Your participation in the work is growing during this period.
• You are willing to set up your own fundraising.
We offer you:
• Being part of an international team.
• Guidance in preparing to enter the field.
• Help to get a residence and help to find an accommodation.