The ministry focus is on the children of workers (MKs). You will be working fulltime as teacher in a small Christian school, but you can also participate in the international church fellowship and team life. This is a very demanding but very rewarding job. Often this job includes living with a local family and learning language.
The schools are Christian owned run and provide a holistic good-quality education to the children of workers (and sometimes other believers). We recommend teachers arrive at least two or three months before school starts to give time for some language and cultural acclimatisation before taking up their teaching position. This is a payed position.
Who we are looking for:
• At least teaching experience.
• Teachers need to be passionate about meeting the educational, social developmental and spiritual needs of MKs and sensitive to the benefits and challenges they face. Teachers also need to see their work as vital to sustaining and enabling the wider Kingdom work done by the worker community.
• Someone who is adventurous and flexible and is willing to learn.
• People who share the vision of People International (PI) for the work of the Gospel and whose values and approach match their PI team-mates. Someone who actively seeks to be salt and light in the workplace and community.
We offer you:
• Being a member of a PI team and involved in all team activities and outreach.
• Being part of a church in the city and involved in supporting their ministry.
• Guidance in preparing to enter the field.
• Help to get a residence and help to find an accommodation.
• This is a payed position.