Your ministry focus will be on locals. English is especially in demand from native speakers and fluent Europeans. Other language teaching opportunities depend on location. You work in a secular language business for 20-40 hours a week.
Most of your connections will be with students and young people. This is actually a very strategic ministry because it gives one access to young people. Some opportunities are more open than others for ministry opportunities, but most opportunities for ministry will happen outside the classroom.
We would direct people away from employers who are too limiting to allow ministry. First priority would be language schools run by believers.
Who we are looking for:
• TEFL or other teaching certificate.
• You are called by God to go out and reach the Central Asian people groups with the Gospel and sent by your home church.
• You are committed to People Internationals vision to enable and establish His church.
• You have some experience in church planting / discipleship work in your own country.
• You have a desire to learn and openness to be taught, spirit of humility and repentance, and a willingness to work together with different kinds of people.
• While we believe in teamwork, there is room for pioneering people to start new teams and projects in unreached cities and towns.
• The first 2 years you have to learn the language and culture. Your participation in the work is growing during this period.
We offer you:
• Being part of an international team and involved in all team activities and outreach.
• Guidance in preparing to enter the field.
• Help to get a residence and help to find an accommodation.