Liefdevol aanwezig met geloof, hart en handen.
Do you want to use your skills as a way to meet new people and introduce them to Jesus? We are looking for people who enjoy needlework or playing soccer or doing crafts with children. Would you enjoy the challenge of learning another culture and language? Are you eager to learn from those who are doing evangelism and church-planting among Muslims?
We have an opportunity for a trainee church planter.
We are currently building a team to reach out to the Muslim minorities. Our Team Coordinator have established the environment for new team members to come and join them in the following vision:
To build and support the local church and Muslim Background Believers in this area.
The work will include evangelism amongst the Muslim people and discipleship of young believers.
As a church planter apprentice you will:
• Experience life in a Muslim city, learning a different culture
• Devote a large part of your week to learning the language
• Use simple crafts or playing soccer to develop relationships with friends and neighbours and share your faith with them in appropriate ways
• Set up sewing or quilting groups or other handwork groups for women or run simple craft activities for young children or set up soccer training for children
• Receive on-the-job training as you experience what church planting is like in a cross-cultural setting
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a heart to see families come to know the Lord and to grow in their faith
• Is adventurous and flexible
• Is willing to learn
• Is excited about using your skills to meet people and introduce their families to Jesus
Wants to commit at least 2 years to service
The amount of involvement in craft-based evangelism and discipleship will increase over the period of the assignment. At first a lot of time will need to be spent in learning the language. This is a long-term task:
language learning is likely to take at least two years.
There are also similar opportunities working in the team using other skills (e.g. simple sports or games, arts, other activities for children etc.).