Liefdevol aanwezig met geloof, hart en handen.
Do you have a passion for seeing young people enter into a relationship with Jesus and growth in their faith? Would you enjoy the challenge of learning another culture and language? Are you eager to learn from those who are involved in evangelism and church-planting among Muslims?
We have an opportunity for a trainee youth worker.
We are currently building a team to reach out to the Muslim minorities. Our Team Co-ordinator have established the environment for new team members to come and join them in the following vision:
To build and support the local church and Muslim Background Believers in this area.
The work will include evangelism amongst the Muslim people and discipleship of young believers.
As a trainee youth worker you will:
• Experience life in a Muslim city, learning a different culture
• Devote a large part of your week to learning the language
• Develop relationships with local Muslim young people and share your faith with them in appropriate ways
• Organize activities for youth under the leadership of a newly-planted multinational church
• Receive on-the-job training as you experience what church planting is like in a cross-cultural setting
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a heart to see youth come to know the Lord and to grow in their faith
• Is adventurous and flexible
• Is willing to learn
• Is a team-player and can work under church leaders
• Wants to commit at least 2 years to service
The amount of involvement in youth work will increase over the period of the assignment. At first a lot of time will need to be spent in learning the language. This is a long-term task: language learning is likely to take at least two years.